Sunday, February 8, 2015

How did we get here?

The other day I came across this painting.  The title is:  How did I get here? by Caitlin Connolly.  



It spoke to my heart.

I asked myself:  How did we get here?  on a mission?  in Cyprus?  We didn't do it alone.  IT took lots and lots of other hands.

When I looked at all the hands supporting this woman, I couldn't help but think of all the 'hands' that have supported us and helped us over the years.  Support during Bill's coaching career, support during his battle with cancer, support raising our four wonderful children, support in all of our church callings, support during hard times and happy times.  We couldn't have made it without all of the many hands that have helped us along the way.  Family, friends, neighbors,  church leaders, players, co-workers and many, many more.  Please know how very much we love and appreciate you.
We are aware of how much we owe you.

I hope that in some small way we too have been the hands that have helped someone else along their way.  We promise to do better, to be better at helping others upon our return.  If nothing else, this mission has taught us and continues to teach that helping others and loving others along their way is what our Heavenly Father wants and needs us to do.   We are His hands for the short time we are here.


1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the picture. Where did you come across it?

    Wonderful thoughts to ponder. And, yes, you have touch/influenced many lives for the better.

    ReplyDelete