Sunday, April 12, 2015

Easter - Part 2

Yes we are still celebrating Easter here.  This week it is the Eastern Orthodox Easter Celebration.  They celebrate all week with different happenings in the community and at the churches.  The majority of the stores close up and the people enjoy spending time at the parks and with family.  They put up Easter decorations just like Christmas.  They also light huge bonfires and set of fireworks all night long.  Literally, ALL night long!

             


We have spent the week wrapping things up here in Nicosia.  It is sad to leave.  Here is a last Greek pita at the old city and a stop at the farmers market.  We will really miss both of these places.



Our weather has been pretty typical for this time of year here.  Cool in the morning, the sun comes out and it is beautiful and then the clouds come in and it rains.  We are enjoying it though because everyone tells us that once the heat comes there is little relief.

One adventure this week is that I starting practicing my driving on the left side of the road.  Bill was a little nervous to say the least.  I'll get better I promise!  (I drove home from church today and we made it safe and sound.  It helped that no one was on the road because of the holiday!)


In our new home town - Larna

PSca - they have these down at the waterfront for people to ride in.  This reminds me of Cinderella.


Today we watched the Sunday morning session of conference.  I had already watched it and made notes but watching it again I heard new things.  How grateful I am for the leaders and their words of counsel and guidance for us  One of my favorite questions today was:  Is the gospel still wonderful to you?  Just asking myself this question makes me stop and say YES! and then ponder and list all the ways and why.  So grateful to have it in my life and the life of my family  Life is good and we are so blessed.  

Have a great week!


P.S.  This picture is for Dawna.  They have lots of franchises here.  Fitness is a pretty big business here and the gyms are always packed.






No comments:

Post a Comment